GSoft’s quest is to help make the world (of work) better by developing technological tools that are smart, simple and powerful. We do it by making people our priority. It's what gives meaning to everything we do. Join us in our quest by selecting any or as many of the following 3 challenges:
1. Propose: What will the future of work look like in your opinion? What challenges will companies be facing with their employees? Build a creative tool to improve employees day-to-day in the Future of Work. You can tackle the problem as you wish, be bold!
2. Help employees be productive and focused: Communication Technologies makes it easy to communicate with colleagues, but at the same time hard to focus and complete tasks without being interrupted by notifications. Inspired by the Pomodoro concept, help employees become more efficient on their day-to-day through Slack or Microsoft Teams. We want to see if you can push the concept further, be creative!
3. Capture employee skills: We wish you to find a creative way to capture employee skills. It can be a game, a bot or anything else you believe will be the best channel. We provide a list of 150 skills that we want to tag employees with. You may use Slack, Microsoft Teams or build a standalone solution.Prize: 4x $125 Visa Gift Cards
Using Shutterstock’s API showcase an innovative application for Shutterstock’s search and/or computer vision services. Whether that’s driving business and marketing through creative asset creation (think online video editor), or improving internet accessibility (audio read-out of video content during playback), or simply building the funniest memes (on-the-fly image manipulation, object detection, etc). When extended to smart phones, IoT devices, plugins and add-ons to other web services, the possibilities are endless.Prize: 4x $100 Amazon Gift Cards + 3 months subscription to Shutterstock
We’re looking for the most novel ideas around education. It can be a tool for teachers, an app for kids, anything goes.Prize: 4x Amazon Echo Dot
TD Insurance praises innovative thinking to continuously protect our customers: The challenge is to propose an IT system to offer people the means to protect themselves against different kinds of unforeseen events that could cause property damage or loss, by leveraging AI and/or IoT. Examples of such situations could be in the domain of automobile insurance such as accidents caused by dangerous driving, or in the domain of residential insurance such as flooding or fire. We encourage using the following languages and technologies:
Technologies and frameworks: nodeJS, Angular, MongoDb, REST APIsPrize: 4x $100 Visa Gift Cards
Who has the best data visualization – any financial data will yield bonus points!Prize: 4x Oculus Go
With technologies available today:
- You should not wait hours at the clinic to have someone taking your vital signs.
- System should alert your doctor when your vital signs raise concern, so he can give you relevant advice when needed.
- For people with chronic disease, this could significantly improve their life.
Let’s build an app for that! We will provide you the best tools: Tactio’s API & SDK.Prize: 4x ultimate official Tactio lumber jacket (value of $100 each)
The best AR application created with Unity.Prize: 4x Unity plus licenses + Unity swag + special invitation to the studio
Intact Insurance aims at offering the best services to our clients. We thrive in making sure our customers’ satisfaction and needs are met in the most efficient way possible. To do so, we believe in using machine learning to find new solutions with the high amount of data we possess. Your task will be to come up with a creative application of machine learning for the insurance world. You can use the following datasets to get a sense of what we use for datasets:
Geospatial analysis: How can we help preventing accident?
Computer Vision: How can we better detect fraud with images?
Language: How can we leverage all the text and recordings we have?Prize: A visit to our office in downtown, meet with staff members and get the chance to ask questions about internship opportunities.